|After We Fell|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Castille Landon|
|Screenplay by||Sharon Soboil|
|Based on||After We Fell|
by Anna Todd
|Edited by||Morgan Halsey|
|Music by||George Kallis|
Bạn đang xem: after we fell
|Distributed by||Voltage Pictures|
|Box office||$21.8 million|
After We Fell is a 2021 American romantic drama film directed by Castille Landon from a screenplay by Sharon Soboil, based on the năm trước novel of the same name by Anna Todd. It is the sequel lớn After We Collided (2020) and the third installment in the After film series. The fiilm stars Josephine Langford and Hero Fiennes Tiffin reprising their roles as Tessa Young and Hardin Scott, respectively. The plot follows Tessa's preparations for a job in Seattle, the arrival of Tessa's father, and revelations about Hardin's family, all of which threaten the couple's relationship. Louise Lombard, Rob Estes, Arielle Kebbel, Chance Perdomo, Frances Turner, Kiana Madeira, Carter Jenkins and Mira Sorvino appear in supporting roles.
The film was shot back-to-back in Bulgaria in 2020 with its sequel, After Ever Happy. Due lớn scheduling conflicts and travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, several characters were recast.
After We Fell was released in Europe on September 1, 2021, and in the United States on September 30, by Voltage Pictures. Like its predecessors, it received negative reviews from critics, with criticism for its screenplay and acting.
The sequel, After Ever Happy, was released in 2022.
In a flashback, Carol Young kicks her husband Richard out of their house over his alcoholism, despite Tessa's pleas for him lớn stay. In the present, Tessa and her boyfriend Hardin Scott bring a now-homeless Richard lớn their apartment. Tessa wants lớn let her father stay sánh she can build a relationship with him, while Hardin distrusts Richard, even offering him money lớn leave. Richard declines the money, explaining that he only wants lớn make amends.
Tessa and Landon, Hardin's step-brother, discuss Tessa's move lớn Seattle lớn be closer lớn her employer Vance Publishing. Hardin arrives and argues with Tessa over the move; he hoped lớn move with Tessa lớn London after graduation. After a phone điện thoại tư vấn with his mother Trish, who asks Hardin lớn attend her upcoming wedding and talks about her close relationship with Vance's owner Christian Vance, Hardin accompanies Richard lớn a bar, where they get into a fight with a bystander over lewd comments about Tessa.
The next day, Richard decides lớn leave the apartment, while Hardin and Tessa fight again about her move lớn Seattle. Kimberley, Vance's fiancée, offers lớn let Tessa and Hardin stay with the couple in Seattle, after which Hardin apologizes lớn Tessa.
Tessa and Hardin accompany Hardin's dad, Ken, his step-mom, Karen, and Landon lớn the family's lake house for a weekend vacation. Hardin sheds some of his previous hostilities towards his family, growing closer lớn them. While the family is out for dinner, Hardin encounters a old friend, Lillian, who he introduces lớn Tessa. Tessa grows jealous of the attention Lillian receives from Hardin and begins lớn flirt with their waiter Robert.
After having sex in a hot tub, Hardin asks Tessa if she ever had feelings towards her coworker, Trevor. Tessa admits she may have briefly, causing him lớn storm away. When Hardin tells Tessa that he is with Lillian, Tessa goes lớn the restaurant from before and flirts with Robert, who gives her his phone number. Hardin and Lillian arrive, and Lillian explains that she's gay and thus has no interest in Hardin. When Hardin finds Robert's phone number in Tessa's belongings the next day, they leave the lake house early.
After her move lớn Seattle, Tessa and Hardin vì thế not speak for several days; he finds her journal, wherein she describes all the pain caused by their relationship. Eventually, they reconcile, and Hardin takes up boxing as a way of resolving his anger issues. Vance and Kimberly tell Tessa that they are expecting a child. When Hardin has a nightmare of Tessa being unfaithful lớn him, he surprises her in Seattle, admits lớn reading her journal, and apologizes for causing her pain.
Xem thêm: boun noppanut
After spending some time together, Hardin returns home page, where he finds Richard in his apartment, brutally beaten. He had been attacked by men lớn whom he owed money; Hardin offers him a watch lớn pay off the debt. When Tessa visits her gynecologist lớn start birth control, she is informed that, because of an issue with her cervix, she may never conceive. Hardin tells Tessa he plans on moving lớn Seattle in two months.
Hardin eventually agrees lớn attend his mother's wedding in London, taking Tessa along and showing her his hometown. The night before the wedding, Hardin catches Trish and Vance having sex, causing an altercation between the three. Trish and her fiancé get married the next day.
Tessa sits with Kimberley, who admits she knows of Vance's infidelity, but that she loves him and can't stay angry with him. Hardin discusses the previous night's events with Vance at a local bar. Kimberly tells Tessa, and Vance tells Hardin, that Vance is Hardin's real father. The news shocks Tessa and infuriates Hardin, who storms out of the bar. Tessa finds Hardin and they embrace passionately in the street.
Filming for After We Fell and its sequel After Ever Happy began in Sofia, Bulgaria, in September 2020. It was later announced that the characters of Kimberley, Christian Vance, Carol Young, Landon Gibson and Karen Scott were recast because the original actors not being able lớn travel lớn Bulgaria due lớn the COVID-19 pandemic or that they were already committed lớn other projects.
Castille Landon directed the film using a script written by Sharon Soboil. The film was produced by Jennifer Gibgot, Brian Pitt, Wattpad's Aron Levitz, CalMaple's Mark Canton, and Courtney Solomon.
After We Fell was released in multiple European countries on September 1, 2021. The film performed well in Germany, Russia, Spain, the Netherlands, and Poland, grossing $9.2 million on its opening weekend at the worldwide box office. It debuted atop the Belgian box office and achieved 50% of the total box office that the prior film, After We Collided, received in its opening weekend.
The film was released on September 30, 2021, in the United States, with Voltage Pictures partnering with Fathom Events. In select regions, it was released directly lớn Netflix on October 21, 2021 and arrived on Netflix US on January 17, 2022. In United Kingdom, Italy and France, it was released directly lớn Amazon Prime on October 22, 2021.
The film has grossed $2.2 million in the United States and Canada and $19.4 million in international territories, for a worldwide total of $21.6 million.
In Canada, the film earned $428,300 during its three-day opening weekend across 230 theaters, grossing $215,600 on its opening day. The film earned $9.2 million across 31 international territories during its three-day opening weekend, in which it opened at number one in Belgium and in second place in Germany, Spain, Russia, The Netherlands, Austria and Mexico.
The review aggregator trang web Rotten Tomatoes reported a 0% approval rating based on 11 reviews, with an average rating of 2.91/10.
Xem thêm: phim những người thừa kế hàn quốc
Caroline Siede of The A.V. Club rated the film a 'D', describing it as a "filler episode" of the franchise, saying "the problem is that most of After We Fell is too boring lớn even lend itself lớn mockery". Cath Clarke of The Guardian panned the film, giving it 1 star out of 5, criticizing the acting as "daytime-soap standard. Jade Budowski of Decider urged viewers lớn skip the film, describing it as "a yawn-inducing continuation of After We Collided, picking up exactly where it left off and schlepping along at a pace sánh slow and uneventful I kept checking how many minutes were left". She criticized the film's plot and runtime, saying it "feels lượt thích an eternity, dragging its way through lackluster sex scenes mix lớn B-list pop songs and very little actual conflict". Writing for Screen Rant, Molly Freeman expressed that while the film may please fans of After, "it doesn't provide the same level of entertainment as the previous movies" and described the plot as "where stuff happens, but it all feels meaningless - sánh much sánh that even the melodrama loses its fun". David Pardillos of Cinemanía gave the film 2 out of 5 stars, saying it is "reduced lớn the now classic series of outbursts of anger by Hero Fiennes-Tiffin" and "to the squared sex scenes arranged throughout its montage". Sabela Pillado of La Voz de Galicia was also critical, calling it a "hormonal mess with overtones of a chic soap opera" and likened it lớn an "unfinished chapter that you can only continue if you have seen (and will continue lớn watch) the other films". Sandra Hall of The Sydney Morning Herald awarded the film 2 stars out of 5, noting that "After We Fell is unlikely lớn interest fans of the popular Netflix series Sex Education, and its unfiltered treatment of the Black comic aspects of teenage sexuality.
In October 2020, it was announced that After We Fell and After Ever Happy were greenlit lớn go into back-to-back production, with Castille Landon directing both films. After Ever Happy was released in September 2022. Filming began December 28, 2020 and concluded on February 16, 2022. The film was released on September 7, 2022.
On August 24, 2022, it was announced that final movie of franchise, titled After Everything, had finished filming. Langford and Fiennes Tiffin will reprise their roles. It will be the fifth movie in the After film series. It will also be the only film that will not be based on a book in the series.
- ^ a b "After We Fell (2021)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 29, 2021.
- ^ a b "After We Fell (2021)". The Numbers. Retrieved October 29, 2021.
- ^ "A New Picture On Set Of After We Fell In Bulgaria Has Fans Anticipating Release Date". Capital FM. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- ^ Smith, Katie Louise (October 7, 2020). "After We Fell cast: Four actors replaces four actors ahead of filming final two movies". PopBuzz. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- ^ Musgrave-Johnson, Devon (May 31, 2021). "After We Fell Movie Image Reveals New Look At Carter Jenkins' Robert". Screen Rant. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- ^ Fuentes, Tamara (October 8, 2020). ""Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" Star Chance Perdomo Joins "After" Film Series". Seventeen. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- ^ "Film and TV Projects Going Into Production - After Ever Happy". Variety Insight. Archived from the original on April 30, 2021. Retrieved April 30, 2021.
- ^ Lovitt, Maggie (July 15, 2021). "First 'After We Fell' Trailer Reveals Tessa and Hardin's Relationship Reaching a Fever Pitch". Collider. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Dodson, Phường. Claire (April 23, 2021). ""After We Fell" Finally Has a Release Date". Teen Vogue. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ "After. Almas Perdidas". El Diario (in Spanish). La Paz. September 5, 2021. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Gant, Charles (September 6, 2021). "'Shang-Chi' opens with $139m at global box office; 'After We Fell' posts $9.2m debut". Screen Daily. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Rearick, Lauren (July 16, 2021). ""After We Fell" Official Trailer Released". Teen Vogue. Retrieved July 19, 2021.
- ^ "When will 'After We Fell' Release on Netflix?". What's on Netflix. December 14, 2021.
- ^ Grater, Tom (August 4, 2021). "'After We Fell' & 'After Ever Happy' Heading Directly To Amazon In UK & France". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Ames, James (September 12, 2021). "Domestic Box Office: Shang-Chi Solid in Week 2, Malignant Stumbles". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ Gant, Charles (September 6, 2021). "'Shang-Chi' opens with $139m at global box office; 'After We Fell' posts $9.2m debut". Screen International. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ "After We Fell". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved September 12, 2022.
- ^ Siede, Caroline (October 18, 2021). "After We Fell is dreadful teen-franchise filler". The A.V. Club. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ "After We Fell review – Harry Styles-inspired romance is stupendously wooden". The Guardian. October 18, 2021.
- ^ Budowski, Jade (October 22, 2021). "Stream It Or Skip It: 'After We Fell' On VOD, Another Installment In The Sexy Harry Styles-Inspired Romance Series". Decider. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ Freeman, Molly (October 19, 2021). "After We Fell Review: Only Franchise Fans Will Enjoy This Lackluster Drama". Screen Rant. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ Pardillos, David (September 1, 2021). "Crítica de 'After. Almas perdidas'". Cinemanía (in Spanish). Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Pillado, Sabela (September 7, 2021). ""After. Almas perdidas", solo para muy fanáticos". La Voz de Galicia (in Spanish). Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- ^ Hall, Sandra (October 19, 2021). "Melancholy teens whose lives don't have a plot: it's time lớn break up with After We Fell". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved November 10, 2021.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 9, 2020). "Stephen Moyer, Mira Sorvino, 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina's Chance Perdomo & More Join 'After' Sequels". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 24, 2020.
- ^ "The Final 'After' Film, 'After Ever Happy,' Has an Official Release Date". February 14, 2022.
- ^ Fuentes, Tamara (August 24, 2022). "Everything We Know About 'After Everything,' the Fifth Movie in the 'After' Franchise". Cosmopolitan.
- After We Fell at IMDb